Lily Ann Balsley
Born: 2/9/1931, Sego, Utah
Lily Ann was born on February 9, 1931 in the coal mining town of Sego, Utah. She was the eldest child of James Henry Hoffman and Dorothy Ellen Lance Hoffman. After moving to Moab Lilly Ann went through the Moab school system, graduating from Grand County High School in 1949. Later she attended Stevens- Henager College in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Lilly Ann married her long time sweetheart, Thomas Howard Balsley on December 31, 1956 in Las Vegas, Nevada. They had many business ventures including managing Sears Catalog Store, overnight rentals, and trailer sales.
Lilly Ann could see beauty all around. She was able to capture that beauty in her paintings. She loved to garden, and was always learning about the world around her.
Lily Ann was preceded in death by her parents, husband Thomas, a sister Corine Carter, brother Harold Hoffman, son Roger Balsley, and great-grandson Henry Heaton.
She is survived 2 sons Tom Balsley Jr. and Tracy Balsley, a daughter Kathie (Paul) Holyoak, and a sister Wanda Secrest. She enjoyed spending time with her 8 grandchildren and 22 great-grandchildren and many nieces and nephews.
Funeral Services will be held on Friday October 16, 2020 at 11:00 am at the Moab Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Stake Center on Locust Lane. A viewing will be held Thursday October 15, 2020 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm at Spanish Valley Mortuary and one hour prior to the service at the church. Interment will follow at the Grand Valley Cemetery.
Tributes:Our love and thoughts go out to all of you and we want you to know that we are thinking of you at this sad time. It is always so hard to lose our parents. Love,
- Bill & InalynWe were so sorry to hear of the passing of Lily Ann. Our sincere condolences to the family. We have such wonderful memories of vacation times spent at Red Valley Homes when our children were small. Lily Ann and Tom were incredibly good hosts and maintained a lovely spot for families to enjoy. Our kids now grown still remember the fun days in the swimming pool and the hot tub. My husband and I have now made Moab our permanent home, thanks in part to the amazing hospitality shown us over the years. We are grateful that we were able to visit with Lily Ann at the Music Festival several years ago. A truly special woman. Our hearts go out to all of you.
- Alison and ChipTracy, I know you were very close to your Mother and spent quality time with her..This is the best gift a child could can give their parent, I know you did gift your Mother that time and respect. Sorry for the void left in your life without your Mom. Most sincerely,
- MarleneTommy,Tracy and Kathy. I am so sorry to hear the news about your mother, I am just finding out. I was lucky enough to have had the opportunity to spend some time with her in the past couple of years, I am so thankful for the time her and I spent talking and just getting to know eachother, I will cherish that time. Aunt Lily was always so gracious and warm when I would stop by to visit with her, we were even texting buddies for a short time. I am so sorry that I missed her funeral but she has a special place in my heart. Take comfort in knowing that she is now with her sweetheart, your father. They will both be missed by so many for many years to come.
- Robert HinesTrace, Please know we are sending our condolences to you at this difficult time. Your love for your mother will live on. She was a lucky lady to have you for a son.
- Steve and Camille Williams
PLEASE NOTE: Pictures and Tributes will be reviewed before being posted. We will post them ASAP, we appreciate your patience. PLEASE DON'T RESUBMIT.
© 2007-2013 Spanish Valley Mortuary