L Jean # Holyoak
Born: 3/20/1932, LaFayette, Ohio
Jean was born March 20, 1932 in Lafayette, Ohio to John Wesley Fleming and Bertha Louisa Binkley. She is the youngest of fifteen children. After graduating from high school, she attended Bowling Green State University, in Bowling Green, Ohio. She moved to Moab to teach school at the encouragement of her sister, Helen Fleming, who was already teaching in Moab. She met Dan Holyoak through a mutual acquaintance and they were married on November 19, 1955. They were later sealed in the LDS Logan Temple on October 11, 1956.
She was loved by many who knew her. She was active in her church and had many responsibilities over the years serving in the church. One of her favorite was Greeter for Sunday meetings where she was able to give hugs to those who passed by her.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 56 years and her great-grandson, Jake. She is survived by five children- Danette Groesbeck of Moab, UT, Doug (Michelle) Holyoak of Grantsville, UT, Eric (Tracey) Holyoak of Las Vegas, NV, Sue-Lon (Greg) Drew of San Antonio, TX and Catherine (Will) Hansen of Kuna, ID; her sister, Betty Hawk of Lafayette, OH; her sister-in-law, Sara Ann Cundall of Moab, UT, 21 grandchildren, 24 great-grandchildren and many loving nieces and nephews.
A Funeral service will be held Friday March 31, 2017 at 11:00 am at the Moab LDS Stake Center on Locust Lane. A viewing will be held Thursday evening from 6:00-8:00 PM at Spanish Mortuary and again on Friday at 9:30-10:30 at the Stake Center. Interment will follow at the Sunset Memorial Gardens Cemetery.
Tributes:Dear Danette and family; I'm so sorry to hear of your mom's passing. There are never any good ways to express the loss one feels of a family member. I always remember being in your home and your mom. Loved her smile and I always loved some of the things I noticed that you did just like her.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all. May you find peace and comfort. The gospel is a great comfort, knowing that we will be together again. Love you
- Raquel ShumwayDear Danette & other family members: So sorry to hear of your loss. Although I didn't know your Mom well, I grew up admiring Danny Holyoak and know your Mom as a loving person. Please know that my prayers and thoughts are with you all.
- Diane RynioDear Holyoak Family
We do wish to tell you how much we loved Jean. Everytime we went to Moab to see Lee and Kira we were invited to have dinner with Jean and the family. Jean felt like our Grandma also. She was very loving and accepted us as one of hers. We are so sorry we will really miss her. May you be blessed.
- Harry and Julene RindlisbacherDear Family of Jean Holyoak, we are sorry for your loss. Jean was an outstanding person in the church and the community. Dan was probably one of the first people we knew well in 1957 when we moved here. He gave us our driving exams at that time. I had a baby the same time as Jean (Douglas) and we had many good conversations while in the same room with our babies. We have been in several organizations at the same time and she was very accomplished and genuine. She will be greatly missed by her family and friends. Since I just had foot surgery will not be able to attend the services but will be thinking about everyone.
- Richard and Mary Jane CozzensCousins: My heart is breaking for all of you. Aunt Jean was a wonderful woman. She will be missed dearly.
- MiriamFrom my family to yours, our deepest sympathy at the loss of your loving wife, mother, and grandmother. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and yours!
- Betty Joyce (Holyoak) Foote
PLEASE NOTE: Pictures and Tributes will be reviewed before being posted. We will post them ASAP, we appreciate your patience. PLEASE DON'T RESUBMIT.
© 2007-2013 Spanish Valley Mortuary